Tuesday, 23 October 2012

Halloween Hop-a-long times two!



 Over here in New Zealand, Halloween really isn't such a big deal. Friends moved over here from Canada last year, had their house decked out in decorations, candy by the front door, and not a single soul came a knocking looking for treats to ward off their tricks. My neighborhood is slightly different, I think because there are loads of kids, and because we've happily managed to build a community of sorts. There's a street Halloween party on the 31st, followed by some serious trick or treating. Given that my Mr. One will probably be in bed, I'm not going to be running up and down the road, but happily, I get to celebrate Halloween with you all instead. With the release of A Talon at Her Throat from The Wild Rose Press I'm getting on board their Halloween hop. And because the more the merrier, I'm dropping in with Long and Short Reviews on 31 October at 1pm Est.
To make it all the more interesting there are prizes! Comment here and be in to win a copy of A Talon at Her Throat and The Boss and Her Billionaire. Then check out the links below to hop to other Wild Rose Press authors and win via their blogs or answer more Q&A's with the Long & Short bloggers and win there. Easiest treat ever - and no threat of a trick!
If you could please note "TWRP" or "L&S" in your comment so I know where you've come from that would be super helpful - as I've managed to double wammy blog hop myself this halloween! Sorry if that's confusing, but sometimes you put an offer out in the universe and it comes back times two. Two times the fun though hopefully!
So, I'd love to know what you're up to for Halloween. I'll be dressing Mr. One as a dragon all day, just because I can. What about you? Got your costume organized? Looking forward to hearing from you and sending out book treats soon! I'll let you know the winner of TWRP contest on the 1st & the Long & Short Reviews winner on the 2nd so come on back and check in.

Wild Rose Press Hop Treat Givers:
http://veldabrotherton.wordpress.com
http://pamelafryer.blogspot.com
http://www.kmnbooks.com/karens-shenanigans
http://lindahopelee.blogspot.com
http://donnamichaelsauthor.blogspot.com

Thanks for stopping by and happy hopping!
xMichele


20 comments:

  1. That's very cool that you've built a close neighborhood, Michelle. There is nothing a close community, is there? With grand babies trick or treating from our house, we've gotten to keep the Halloween traditions alive. I'll be sporting my favorite devil's horn headband again this year. Easy breezy. Happy Halloween!
    TWRP

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Easy breezy devil horns...sounds like a slightly wicked covergirl advert tehehe. Thanks for stopping by, hope you have a great time with the grandbabies.

      Delete
  2. I now live part-time in the Dominican Republic and they knew nothing about Halloween until I started a trend! Now I can dress as a Zombie and expect our little community of kids to show up and try to trick me! Good luck to them since I'm getting ready for them. Little tricksters are most welcome and just the cutest ever! TWRP to you and TRICK OR TREAT!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, fabo. I think I'd be a bit nervous trick or treating you! I'm terrified of zombies. Cant watch zombie movies AT all. I'm all about treats!

      Delete
  3. It is nice to live in a close community of neighbors :)

    My daughters and I all dressing up in different outfits ...

    Happy Halloween

    BeckeyWhiteATgmailDOTcom

    ReplyDelete
  4. I understand what you've said here about Halloween. I grew up in Australia and we never celebrated. Now some of the nieces and nephews do, but not as crazily as we do here in the States. : )
    This TWRP hop is fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I get together with my girlfriends for a Witches Tea. We all wear witch hats and enjoy a pot luck and good company. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you all have a great time Beckey. AND get plenty of treats. Yes Robena, blog hopping for halloween was a great idea. I'm going to go hop to a few other WRP sites today to say hi. And Karen - a Witches Tea! Great idea. I may have to steal the idea and hang out with tea and cake with my girlfriends while our little ones wriggle around in their costumes in the afternoon.
    Have a great one everyone
    x Michele

    ReplyDelete
  7. No Halloween in my country :(
    Maybe Once I'll come to the USA on Halloween.

    Thanks for the Hop.
    Adila
    (from Azerbaijan)
    adilasblog(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, Azerbaijan. No we don't really have Halloween, certainly not like in the US. I bet you have some other great festival/holiday/special days though. Let us know what your favorite is.
      xMichele

      Delete
  8. TWRP Hey - Enjoying the blog hop so far!

    ReplyDelete
  9. TWRP here - I'm blogging on the 31st at L&S Reviews too - see you there! I think I'm at noon. And our usual Halloween tradition is haunted house visits, our friends' annual party, and loads of trick or treaters!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We'll tag team at L&S then! Maybe I'll see you there. Ahh this amazing internet world. How crazy it all seems to me sometimes. Yeay for annual parties. Hope you have a blast.
      xMichele

      Delete
  10. "TWRP" It is nice that you have such a close community. Won't be doing anything exciting this year for Halloween, handing out treats, but if the weather is bad, we probably won't be getting many trick or treaters this year.
    skpetal at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I have a feeling the temperamental spring weather might keep all but the teenagers away. Ah well, hope they enjoy the dressing up part as much as getting wet part.
      x

      Delete
  11. May I simply just say what a comfort to find someone who genuinely understands what they're discussing on the net. You actually realize how to bring an issue to light and make it important. More and more people have to check this out and understand this side of your story. I can't believe you're not more popular since you surely have the gift.
    My webpage - aruba restaurant

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks I think? I'm not sure I get your meaning, but I'll take a comment about having a gift any day. :-) I'm sorry but your link doesn't work. Have a good day.
      Michele

      Delete
  12. Well I'm in the US and the Halloween mania is a foot! The pumpkin bins are getting low and stores are full of candy, costumes, and decorations and the next isle over I swear I saw a Santa display going up LOL Halloween is great fun for me, especially since starting to follow book blogs and FB. It is so much more interesting to learn what different folks are doing and laugh and giggle about funny pics, scary stories, and good reads. Because of the day of the week and the man child growing up, I will likely be working in my office and hopefully handing out some of this candy to the little goblins and ghouls who brave our door - mmmuw ah ha ha ha ha! Happy Haunting my pretties!
    dz59001[at]gmail[dot]com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you have fun handing out the goodies! I must remember to go and get some today as Halloween is tomorrow over here! I take it then you're not in the path of Sandy. Sheesh, doesn't sound like much fun. Sending out love to anyone in its path.
      x

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by. I really appreciate you taking the time to comment. It lets me know I'm not all alone out here in the blogesphere!
xMichele