Monday 6 May 2013

Just when you thought it was safe...

Thankfully I'd already emailed the first draft I finished yesterday to myself because when I tried plugging in my external hard drive to back up my backup...duh duh duuuuhhhhh. It no worky. Sigh.
Children are wonderful. Mine cracks me up with his antics, his cheeky grins, his cackling laughter and his heartfelt kisses, but his sticky little hands and their determined grip...not so much.
Today is an enforced no work day. For today I shall be plastering a please-make-it-work smile on my face and taking said hard drive to my computer boffin friend in the city, armed with lunch, cash and crossed fingers, and hoping that he can retrieve my entire writing life off the thing. Given than my computer is dodgy, I have backed everything up diligently. Too diligently. And now, I can't get it off.
Wish me luck people, this is one hard drive that cant afford to fail.
Oh, and when I'm out buying new computer hardware, I might stop my another store for a lock for my office door...
If anyone has any genius ideas for making these sorts of things NEVER happen. I'm all ears. And smiles, obviously.
xMichele

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I really appreciate you taking the time to comment. It lets me know I'm not all alone out here in the blogesphere!
xMichele